Brand Names You Can Trust
PERIMOUNT AORTIC VALVE
The Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT aortic valve is the first biomechanically engineered valve designed specifically for the aortic position. It combines a proven design with the benefits of pericardial tissue.
The PERIMOUNT aortic valve delivers excellent performance with proven published durability of up to 20 years
PERIMOUNT aortic valves are supported by 17 years of proven hemodynamic stability
• Mathematically modeled, bioengineered design - optimized for hemodynamics,
durability and implantability
• Flexible cobalt-chromium alloy stent - absorbs energy to reduce leaflet stress
• Three independent bovine pericardial leaflets - matched for thickness and elasticity to
optimize stress distribution
The Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT pericardial aortic bioprosthesis is intended for use in patients whose aortic valvular disease is sufficiently advanced to warrant replacement of their natural valve with a prosthetic one. It is also intended for use in patients with a previously implanted aortic valve prosthesis that is no longer functioning adequately and requires replacement. In the latter case, the previously implanted prosthesis is surgically
excised and replaced by the replacement prosthesis.
• Valve leaflets: Bovine pericardium • Valve sewing ring: Silicone rubber
• Stent: Cobalt-chromium • Latex-free
• Fabric covering stent: Polyester cloth